Monday, March 2, 2009

Excuse Me Sir, You Are Balding

That's exactly what the girl at Jusco asked when I was back in Melaka, accompanying my mum for her grocery shopping.

Apparently, this girl works for some Hair treatment saloon and she offered to show me how bad my baldness is by using some high tech gadgets..which turns out to be a camera that focuses on your scalp and can determine how many strands of hair a follicle (is this the correct term) has. Supposedly, a normal person can have up to 3 strands growing in an opening. Mine unfortunately has either two or a single strand.

She continued to explain that my scalp is oily and has dandruff which blocks the hair from growing. And then she showed some pictures of hair loss among adults and she told me the moment she saw me, she was expecting me to be around 28-29 years old. She told me my hair is of a person in his 40s'. How sad is that!!! When I told her i just turned 23, her face went something like this

And then came the allergic part to all Indians. The part where we have to pay to get a treatment for my hair. The moment she said, "this special offer of RM48", my mum immediately said, ok we have to leave. BYE BYE and dragged me along with her.

I actually do not need a stranger to tell me that I am balding, I knew about it long ago. Being an Indian, it is hard to accept that I am losing hair when I have hairs growing at all sorts of places on my body except for my head. The reason behind it can be blamed on my family background. My dad is partially bald. But close friends of mine will not believe me when I blame it on my poor dad for my lack of hair growth.

Hair loss can also be related to excessive masturbation. I am not going to go further into this topic. You google it yourself.

My final semester starts today and here I am blogging rather than getting a good sleep. Class starts at 1pm. So no rush there. Marketing exam results will be out this week. I hope God still loves me. I'm counting on You to get me through that paper.

I'll do a post on my birthday party and the Genting trip we had during the break when I've collected all the pictures from my friends. Till then good luck to me and my friends to get through this semester unscatched.

No comments: