Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hitz.fm Viewing Party

Last Sunday, my friend, Su Ann and I went to Republic Pyramid for the Che vs Man Utd viewing party organized by Hitz.fm. How I managed to get the passes u may ask. I basically called them up and I went on AIR!!! The DJ that answered my call was Natalie.

Natalie looks very tall and thin in real life.

Our phone conversation went something like this

Natalie: Hello thanks for calling Hitz.fm. May I know who is on the line please?
Me: I'm Saravanan.
Natalie: So it's S-A-R-A-V-A-N-A-N?
Me: Yes.
Natalie: So you rooting for Man Utd or Che?
Me: Man Utd.
Natalie: Okay Saravanan, I want you to sound happy. Can you do that for me?
Me: Yes.
And so the recording started.
Natalie: So Saravanan, why do you think Man Utd is going to win on Sunday?
Me: Urm..because Man Utd going to end Chelsea's home record.
Natalie: Wohoo..congrats. You've just won two passes for the Hitz.fm viewing party at Pepublic Pyramid.
Me: Okay
Natalie: Say the okay a bit more happier
Me: :-S..OKAY
Natalie: Let's try that again.
Me: OOKKKAAYYY!!!
Natalie: Good!

And so our conversation ended there. Didn't knew saying a simple okay can be so tedious.

On Sunday night Su Ann and I went. Due to the insufficient passes, her bf was not able to join us. Sorry Wai Kit.


The atmosphere there not bad. Free flow of drinks/beer and food thanks to the passes. Natalie, Ean and Jean are the Hitz DJs that turned up for the party.

At the end of the day, Man Utd lost their solitary goal advantage in the 80th minute and the game endded as stalemate.

Check out the Asian among the spectators. Such a cunning laugh he has. As though he jus managed to con someone to buy his ciplak product

Overall, it was a enjoyable day meeting new people and meeting the Cruisers who were extra nice towards us, especially Su Ann =P

No comments: