Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lesson Learnt

I am back in Melaka now. Having some prayers in the house. While I was in Melaka Sentral something unusual happened.

You see I always wait for my parents to pick me up from outside the open air car park. As it was a hot day, I decided to stay somewhere inside the car park, behind a shady lorry where I can still see if my dad has reached.

Out of nowhere, this dude in his 40s wearing a blank white Tshirt rode a motorbike and stopped right in front of me. I was taken aback. Just to be safe, I took a step back to maintain about 1m distance away from him. While sitting on his motorbike, he asked me a few questions..

Dude: Eh apa you buat kat sini?
Me: Tunggu ayah.
Dude: You tunggu sini nak pecahkan kereta dan curi barang eh?
Me: NO!!
Dude: Apa yang kat pocket awak tu. Keluarkan..
*For safety reasons, I always put my wallet as well as my handphone on my front pocket*
Me: (While taking out my wallet and handphone..which I think I shouldn't have done)Handphone dan dompet.
Dude: Buka dompet tu. I nak tengok.
*Then I realised something is not right*
Me: You ni siapa? Kerja sini?
Dude: I ni kerja RELA.
Me: You ade ID RELA? I nak tengok.
*The moment I asked for his ID he changed his story*
Dude: I datang sini bukan nak ambil duit you. I kat sini nak jaga keselamtan you.
*Bloody hell, just now accuse me of damaging private property. Now want to protect me pulak*

After that he just left on his motorbike. Then I realised he was not there for my 'safety' but to rob me. Here's why I think so

1. He failed to produce his ID.
2. He wasn't wearing any RELA uniform.
3. The car park allows motorbikes to park for free..which gives access to these type of people to come in freely and rob you.
4. The moment I asked him for his ID he fled.

I wanted to drop by the management and complain to them about the incident but my dad was already there. So I thought I'll do it when I go back there again this Sunday.

I'm glad that any unwated incident for me or my money was averted. Lesson well learnt.

2 comments:

Motokar Kelisa said...

woww.. u r so damn near to be cheated.. but suddenly u r so lucky..

SaRa said...

Yup yup..thank god..guess God still loves me..