Monday, August 10, 2009

More Than Just Music

*Since I have a few friends who check this blog at their workplace, the following post is NSFW (Not Safe for Work)*

When I was a kid growing up (Yes..I have stopped growing..at least in height), I listen to Hip Hop musics a lot. And Hip Hop songs are so famous for the vulgarity as well as the hot chicks shaking what they're momma gave them. Due to that reasons, i have gotten the wrath of my parents countless of times, even till now. Whenever I watch these songs being played in the TV, my mom will go like, "I am so going to discontinue this Astro package (referring to the variety package)!!". Well let's just say that my mom has a very good sense of humor.

Hip Hop is not only about vulgar lyrics and hot girls. When you do/can catch the lyrics, they have very good message embedded in it.

Hip Hop acts as a catalyst in giving children the early form of education especially to us, males. No I am not making this up. I have evidence to back my statement.

For example, the latest Pitbull song teaches you how to count not only in English but also in Spanish. How good is that? You get to learn to count in 2 different languages!



Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas teaches not only to count backwardsbut also spell out words such as delicious, tasty and her own name Fergie. To catch you off guard, Will-i-am purposely spells the word tasty as T-A-S-T-E-Y to see if you are really paying attention and learning something.



To the parents out there, do not deprive your children of these early precious education Hip Hop has to offer. And if your children do not have any interest in studying, do not bore them with the lectures such as, "You can have a lot of money when you study hard now". Just show them this video and see how pumped up they are to study and excel in life.



My favourite rapper, Kanye West has even identified that all studies and no play is ain't gonna do any good. So he came up with this song to encourage not only children but everyone to keep fit.



So to the parents out there, don't get angry when your children is indulged into Hip Hop. They are just looking for the spark to enlighten them. So do encourage them to watch and hear more Hip Hop songs. The I love you, you love me is so outdated, you have to be on par with what music has to offer to the growth of your children.

I especially like the way he teaches summation of numbers in this video.

No comments: