Monday, August 11, 2008

How To Increase Traffic To Your Blog?

As I jumped onto the blogging bandwagon, it's all so normal for me to just look at my Sitemeter bar increase informing me the number of visitors that have dropped by my blog to read my crappy 1st post. I'm sure every blogger takes pride at the number visitors they get per day and I'm no different.

So what does it take build your reputation in the blogging world? I have compiled 5 top tips on how to become an ultimate blogger that has traffic so high that makes the KL peak hour traffic jam looks like a very minor problem.

1. Witty and Funny

Requirements: A good sense of humor and an upgraded library for word usage
Think of: Kenny Sia
Kenny Sia is one of the success story of a small town Kuching boy that made it big through the world wide web. His picture above itself is enough to laugh your ass out. But his style of writing is what stands out from the rest. He conveys his message in a very funny manner and its hard to argue that within two years of launching his website, he has gone to achieve a lot of things and his website is a living proof for it. Go and read it yourself.

2. Cam-whore

Requirements: Pretty face (works best for female), a great body and a digital camera.
Think of: Dawn Yang
This blogger cum model is one of the hottest you can find in the Asian region. Originates from Singapore, her blog have led to her becoming a professional model and gracing the cover page of the magazines like FHM and Maxim Singapore. Although she has been condemned for going under the knife to fix her imperfections, I'd say why not? At least she's getting paid for what she is now and she looks HOT!! And the more revealing you wear, the more male visitors will drop by to say HELLO!!

3. Condemn the Government

Requirements: BALLS (A pair of big one indeed) and a lot of money just in case you get sued by the civil servants or to bail you out if jail when u get prisoned.
Think of: Raja Petra Kamaruddin
He is a member of the Selangor royal family. His blog, Malaysia Today aims at Malaysian politics and social scenes. Due to his critical views on the local politics, he have been arrested a few times and some civil servants have sued him over defamation. His entries are very humorous and for people like me who aren't as much interested in politics, his blog keeps me updated with the local news.

4. Celebrity

Requirements:
Famous, female preferably and plus point if acted in a stolen sex tape
Think of: Kim Kardashian
Well since I've caught your attention with the last phrase in the requirements section, I shall begin with that. She had a sex tape leaked onto the internet made by then boyfriend, rapper Ray J. She is a socialite and actress by profession. Don't ask me what movies she's acted because i myself don't know. Although her blog just acts to promote her larger than normal assets with pictures of her in bikinis, we guys just don't mind. The less words the better!! There's also rumors going around that she might be the latest addition to the Pussy Cat Dolls.

5. Celebrity Stalker

Requirements: Paparazzi connections and media research
Think of: Pink is the New Blog
The editor of this blog is Trent Vanegas. He writes on celebrity gossip stories surrounding the Hollywood. Who doesn't like gossips? especially when it comes to the likes of Jessica Alba, Megan Fox and Lindsay Lohan. Oh not to forget, the editor is also the founder of Queerty, a website dedicated to gay lifestyle. Yes u took the words right out of my mouth.

So my friends, now you know what makes their blog so famous and make hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars from advertisements alone. As for me, I've decided what course of action to take to increase traffic to my blog. The next time you drop by my blog and find pictures of me in some compromising positions, don't be scared. It's all part of the plan.

No comments: